Friday, July 9, 2010

Pearls of Wisdom

"A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear [that results] from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl."

~~ Stephan Hoeller
(1931 - )
Writer, Scholar and Religious Leader

Dearest Theresa,

It's funny how friends pick up on littlest things. And I think it is ironic how we choose through our friendship, by the way we have designed it, to lift each other up, bc trust me when I say - not all friends do that.

I know you say that I have been a great friend to you, but you, Theresa, have been such a great friend to me as well. Never forget that.

For whatever reason, I'm struggling right now. I can't really tell you what I'm going through, partly bc it's hard to put into words & partly bc I don't want to put it into words, but know this... God has brought me to this wonderful place for His Glory. If you know me, & at this point I would say you have a good idea who I am, then you know that I don't witness very well... At least I don't think I do.

But nevertheless, I do witness in my own way bc for whatever reason, God has brought me through some pretty horrible unspeakable things - some things that no one knows to this day. And it is only through His love, His grace & His mercy that I am where I am. And not only where I am, but who I am.

So you may say that I, in a sense, have gained many pearls of wisdom along the way. Well, I don't know about wisdom, but I do know that I earned every one of those pearls.

I love you too.

Always Blessed,

post signature

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful letter. You have earned your pearls. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails