1. the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation: She felt the joy of seeing her son's success.
2. a source of cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated: Her prose style is a pure joy.
3. the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.
4. a state of happiness or felicity.
verb (used without object)
5. to feel joy; be glad; rejoice.
It happened shortly after the new year began. I was given a unexpected gift. Something beautiful.
God has restored my joy.
After many years of struggle - of nights wading through the trenches, of days spent clawing my way out of the muddy mess of what was left of my life as I knew once knew it - joy has returned like an old beloved friend coming home.
People say I'm glowing. They say that there is a beauty about me that is radiating - a light that bursting from within.
This is not happiness. This is joy. Pure joy.
It's difficult to explain to those who have never felt it. And I have no idea why God decided it was time to grant me a reprieve. There is no mistake - no logical explanation. This is a gift from Him & I am overflowing with gratitude.
Little has changed with my life. We are still wading in deep waters. Trying to keep our heads above the unpredictable raging waves, but calmer waters are ahead. I feel it in my soul.
Joy restored. A true gift of love radiating from within.