Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday, Jason!

Six Year Old Jason 2.20.10 @WM

February 20, 2010

Dear Jason,

Today is your birthday. I remember when you were born. I was so happy for your mom, dad & Kevin. I never got to see you at the hospital. Something about your Grandpop saying "If you see one baby, you've seen them all." No matter how much I pleaded, neither he or Uncle Jake seem interested in taking me to see you.

I think if they had it to do again, things would be done very differently. I was so upset, especially since when you finally did come home, I couldn't see you then either bc your home has lots of steps that I could never get up, even if i tried. And, even though you live right across the ally, February is really cold. I like to say the first time I saw you I fell in love with you, but that is not the truth. The truth is I loved you before you were even born.

You are the funny, silly & your laugh is infectious. You are a silent thinker. You sit back & take the world in. You are so smart. You are sensitive. You are my little helper not bc you have to be, but bc you want to be. You are always thinking of others.

You are great little brother & a great big brother too. You always want to do everything Kevin does, even though he is 3 years older than you. You love playing with Lisa & love to teach her new things. I remember a couple months ago when I taught you how to tie your shoes & you finally got it. You beamed from ear-to-ear. And although you didn't say it to Kevin, I knew that part of the reason you were so happy is bc you could finally do something that Kevin couldn't at the time.

I just want you to know that Uncle Jake & I love you very much. And you can never do anything to make to make that change. I am so grateful to be a part of this family that let's me love you, Kevin & Lisa. And I can't wait to see you grow up & be the man you will become. Wait...on second thought - don't grow up so fast. I have all the time in the world.

Love You Always,
Auntpost signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails