Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Exception

I know it's Wednesday. And I'm supposed to be Wordless. I will be - just later, that's all... It's almost 2 AM here, & while I'm exhausted from Tuesday's events, it is not necessarily a bad exhaustion.

There is no question that we've had a lot going on... that I've had a lot of stuff going on with thoughts & feelings swirling around & consuming me at times. There still is a lot going on & still an abundance of feelings; however, I feel different now.

I went to church & actually went there to meet with Patsy to do a TPM session. It went well, but totally drained me. Afterwards, I ended up having another meeting with my friend Beth to brainstorm on ideas for an ongoing project at church. Then Jake & I stayed & chatted with her a bit. It was actually nice to do that, as we haven't had much time to do so lately.

The more I think about it the more I am amazed how God works. Through out my life He has made sure that the perfect people are in it, & these two ladies are no exception. There is no question that God wants the best for me, even if I have to struggle to get there. Although, I must admit that sometimes the biggest person I have to battle along this journey is myself.

I am not perfect. I have been through so much. Both good & bad it has made me who I am. And you know what? I really do like who I am. And I must admit, that wasn't always the case. Just bc I've had some really screwed up things happen to me, it does not mean that they define me.

How crazy would that be if that were not true. That I was by definition the lady who had X, Y, & Z happen to her or be define by some characteristic, such as the lady who has Cerebral Palsy who roams around in a wheelchair. While it may be true that I did have X, Y, Z happen & do have CP & use a chair to get around, not one thing defines who I am.

God did not design us to be defined by one thing or another, whatever that may be. People define us as such. Why? Bc they can, which in reality means there is no good reason for it, they just do.

So, I'm here to tell you that I am who am. The person God created me to be, not to be define by one thing or another. Well, if you must define me by just one thing bc you just have to do so - go right ahead, bc there is one exception... One thing that does define me - I am a child of God.

And, in the end, that's all that matters.
post signature

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails