Saturday, January 9, 2010

One Day, Two Parties!

My day was packed full of family & friends. Love & gratitude was over flowing.

I went to Christian's first birthday party today*. I am so smitten by him it's not funny. That boy just gets more beautiful every time I see him. I am so happy that his mother is still a part of my life & she has given me the opportunity to love her family.

After I left Stacey, I went to mom's annual Girl Gathering*. Where great homemade food is raved about, good conversations are had by all, some gifts are exchanged, among lots of laughs, especially if Aunt Elaine & I have something to do with it (we can just look at each other & without a word erupt in laughter). And after church tomorrow, it's back to mom's for more family fun.

* Pictures soon, I promise.

I don't know what it is, but I've been thinking a lot. Pondering many different things & trying to sort it all in my head. I find myself asking if tomorrow comes, will this person know how much I love them. I supposed this is bc I've been thinking & missing Mandy non-stop. Life is too short to not appreciate a love one now.

In addition, I'm trying to work through some personal things that I am just not ready to share at the moment. So much for blogging boldly. {:) Actually, if you want to know the truth, I'm still trying to figure things out in my head, before I pound it out here. And even though I've been blogging a couple months short of a year, I go back & forth sometimes about how much I want to share - a dilemma that I am sure all bloggers have at some point.

I also think I'm going to start something called "Saying Sunday". I have a strong desire to blog more then I have in the past & I'm finding that I really like that on Wordless Wednesdays bc they are a short picture post & don't require much time at all. Traditionally, I like to keep my Sundays focused on God & family, so I don't really desire to blog then. So, starting tomorrow, I will post a quote that I like or that has special meaning.

Speaking of tomorrow, church is early & sleep is calling.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great day. I agree, I like Wordless Wednesday even though I haven't joined in, they are fun because they are short. I can sure talk allot with my hands, my posts get very long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mainly wanted to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Hope you know how much you are appreciated. Prayer is a powerful tool.

    As for blogging, I so know what you mean. I go in spurts and am always contemplating how much or how little I should share. Then I find myself thinking about it too much that I tend to say forget it altogether. Majority of that has a lot to do with what's going on personally with me right now. Anyhow, when you are ready to share, I'm ready to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you and Jake for coming to the birthday party. It wouldn't have been the same without you there. I really enjoyed the time spent chatting with you! Don't forget, I need some of those pics! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails