Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pure Joy

I know God has plans me, that are much bigger and better than what he has already given me. I am in awe of what He has shown me already, with the gifts and people he has blessed me with.

What I have learned is people come in and out of my life at various times for many reasons - some at will and some not; one thing is for sure though, there is a reason and purpose for it all.

There are difficult trials and tribulations that we all must face, but let us not forget, we do not face them alone.

I have never been a real preachy kind of person. My faith & walk in faith has always been a personal thing. With that being said, make no mistake that I share my faith with those who are open to it, for that is the true nature of faith and it just lends itself to sharing.

There is no doubt, for those who truly know me, that I've overcome a great deal in my life, but I am a better person because of it. I've found a passage in the bible that I like a lot, especially given the past few months of events.

James 1:2-4: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

That passage is from the NIV version of the bible, but I also like The Messages version of James 1:2-4, which says:

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."

So yes, in deed, there are bigger and better plans for me.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails