Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Praying For Dad

Dear Friends,

I wanted to write you to touch base with you & let you know what is going on with my family. My dad, whose name is Rodney, is very sick. For weeks now, he has been fighting an infection at his pacemaker/defibrillator site that they have been trying to treat with antibiotics, in the hopes that they could prevent a very serious & dangerous surgery that may end his life or cause him to need emergency open heart surgery or, quite possibly both.

All attempts to prevent the surgery have failed & he was told today that the surgery is a must.

However, right now, he is too sick for them to attempt the operation. Yesterday, he was rushed to the hospital, after being weak & very sick for days. He has a massive staph infection throughout his body caused by the initial infection they have been trying to battle. His blood pressure is extremely low. His liver & kidneys are malfunctioning. In addition, his blood is super thin & they are trying to thicken it so that when he is more stable, they can transport him to JHH for the operation.

I would be very thankful if you would keep my dad & my family in your thoughts & prayers.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. That is rough. That is exactly what happened to my sister this summer except that the infection was around her aorta and she also had an aortic aneurysm. She also had her surgery at JHH. I will pray that your father's surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails