Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Little Lisa

Little Lisa @WM

My Dearest Lisa,

Today, is your second birthday. I can't believe how big you have gotten. It seems like just yesterday that you were in the NICU. I have to wonder where the time has gone. Uncle Jake & I don't have any cousins for you to play with yet so it brings me lots of joy to watch you & your brothers grow up, & we get to see you almost every day since you only live right across the ally.

Before I go any further I should thank you. It is bc of you that your mom & I have the relationship we do. I spent many hours with her at the hospital doing my best to relay messages to her from the staff when they didn't have an interrupters for her. And when they did have one, I got to have actual conversations with her like I never had before. I must admit, it still baffles the heck out of me that your daddy grew up in this family & no one (besides me) knows any signs around here.

You are the first girl to be born in this family for 40 years. Everyone is smitten with you. You have them wrapped around your little finger & you know it. And just in case you haven't realized by now, you have a ton of people who love you, but I think you hold a special place in you Grandpop's heart. Shhhh... Don't tell your brothers. {:)

You are a happy child & are always smiling. You hardly ever cry. You provide us with many laughs, something we don't have enough of around here since your Grandmom died almost 10 years ago. You are very smart; in fact, I think you are smarter than all of us put together at times. You already know many signs, you can count almost to 10 & know several of your letters.

I cannot wait until you grow up to see the young lady you will become, but pretty please with sugar on top don't grow up too fast. We enjoy every minute with you & want as many as we can. You can be anything you want to be. And I know, even this early, that whatever you will do, you will be great at it. You & your brothers can do anything you set out to do & I believe that God has a special plan for each of you.

Well, My Little Niece, I want to thank you for everything you do & who you are. Know that Uncle Jake & I love you very much. And we a very grateful that you & your brothers have come into our lives, but are more grateful that God has chosen us to be a part of yours.

We Love You Always,
Auntpost signature& Uncle Jake

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails