Friday, July 24, 2009

My (Not-So-Great) Birthday

Yesterday, was my 33rd Birthday. Even though I've tried to remain up beat and positive, determined to have a great birthday, I have failed at this. It was exactly three months since Mandy left us. As much as I tried to not miss her, the more my heart ached. Birthdays were HUGE to Mandy. I miss her more every day. At times, every minute.

As great as Jake can be, he really can be a be a jerk. No "Happy Birthday!" No card. No excuse good enough. We were even at Hallmark the night before. The "Well, why didn't you tell me to get you a card?" - your comment makes me want to vomit! Really? Seriously? How appalling! You are a jerk!

The same goes for my Father-In-Law, whom we live with. They KNEW it was my birthday, they did not forget.

All that I do for this family, this is inexcusable. I don't care if we have no money. You can get me a card. You can utter two words. You certainly found the words for the excuses. I give of myself so much. I make sure your birthday is recognized. I get you gifts. Some of which you don't deserve, but I do it anyway. It is not about the gifts though, it is not about the money, it is about the appreciation. The appreciation that I never get.

1 comment:

  1. Ah hun. I'm so sorry. Happy Birthday all the way from South Africa! BTW, I gave you an award on my blog. (Thursday 21 July) Go check it out. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails